2016 Federation Convention
National Legislative Salaries and Benefits.
- Our Federation Vice President for Legislation Sharon Reese compiled information on the salaries and some of the benefits that national elected officials receive both while in office and in some cases after they leave office. This document should provide some interesting reading before the November elections. Keep this in mind when you vote.
- Her document can be found here.
The OPM Data Breach
- Find out if you are a victim of the OPM data breach. You can check at this website.
- The latest information can be found at the OPM site.
- Consumer Information from the FTC can be found here.
NARFE Strategic Plan
New Approach to Political Advocacy
- To promote relationships with all of New Mexico legislators and increase participation in legislative advocacy by all Chapters by encouraging members to participate in town hall meetings, one-on-one meetings, telephone calls, letter writing, and immediate responses to NARFE Legislative Alerts, the Federation has implemented a new Field Plan, and appointed these individuals as our inaugural Senatorial Legislative Liaisons (SLLs) and Congressional District Liaisons (CDLs), with this job description
- *New* Our new Field Plan for June through August
Who we are
The National Active and Retired Federal Employees (NARFE) is the only association dedicated to protecting the retirement benefits of Federal Employees, Retirees, and their survivors. NARFE is committed to securing the future that Federal Employees have worked to achieve for themselves and their families. NARFE is an organization governed by an elected leadership consisting of 1,560 Chapters, 50 State Federations and 10 Regions. Most members are covered by the Civil Service Retirement System (CSRS) or the Federal Employee Retirement System (FERS).
Membership is open to civilians who are or will be eligible to receive an annuity or survivor annuity from the Federal retirement programs of any agency of the United States government including:
- Current employees
- Spouses and surviving spouses of those eligible to join NARFE
- Former employees
- A former spouse who is legally entitled to a Federal survivor annuity.
NARFE offers these member benefits:
- Assertive legislative representation on Federal and State levels
- Informative monthly NARFE magazine
- Up-to-date information through our National Association site
- Liaison with Office of Personnel Management (OPM)
- Opportunities for leadership, political action and community service
Not a member? Find an application to join here
Link to New Mexico